3. "Job Search" 8/20/1997


Directions:  568 Howard Street via I-80, last exit before the Bay Bridge...  The only reason I’m writing now is because there is no one in the house.  We have taken a oath to get stoned tonight - we all made private agreements with ourselves, it seems, when we awoke, and we introduced these deals into our morning conversations.   

I’m going in for my first interview tomorrow at that address.   I have this job or nothing else.   I highlighted “dishwasher” on a page of one hundred help-wanted ads, and there is no sense of elitism, but I do not really dig washing other people’s dishes while having a college degree.  My teaching issue is not settled - I go to SFSU tomorrow morning to get some answers.  My new CBEST scores come in nine days now - I am really a moron for losing the originals.  

I went out to Oakland today to visit its school district office.  I drove into downtown, out of downtown, back into it, then turned on some street, headed over to East Bay and on up to Berkeley, back hrough Oakland’s downtown on a u-turn,  and finally got off near some dock and drove right over to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment